Mar 27, 2008

Is SBI Right For You?


Before discovering Site Build It, I came across several websites claiming that they would build me a free site, and they did. It was great, but being a newbie I didn't know that I would have to register my domain and pay for web hosting each year. The cost was $60. a year and that was for the cheapest host that I could find along with free domain registration.

I still had to learn about Internet marketing and how to promote my site so that I would get some traffic. I got quite a bit of information off the Internet, but ended up spending an additional few hundred dollars on e-books.

Many gurus said that the “money is in the list,” which meant spending another $250. a year for an autoresponder so that I could efficiently send emails to anyone who signed up for my newsletter.

Getting submitted into the directories was like pulling teeth, many of them would not accept mirrored sites, you know, same content, same products. This was all just a waste of my time and I knew it, but I loved being able to stay home and work on the Internet. So I continued looking.

Then lo and behold, I came across Site Build It! Now I will admit that I have this “obsessive analytical thinking behavior” (especially since being scammed a few times) where “I feel that if I don’t check things over several times, something could go wrong and I could fail.” You may know what I mean.

So I learned everything there was to learn about what SBI had to offer. I mean after all, this program seemed to be on the expensive side or was it? After a few days of studying the website and action guide, I took the plunge; the guarantee was unbeatable, so how could I lose. If I did not begin to see some success in my first year, I could at least get
some of my money back.

SBI Guarantee: No time limits. Ask for your money back anytime. SiteSell.com will refund you 100% within the first 30 days of purchase, and on a pro-rata basis after that, for whatever part of the year remains.

I bought the program, did some brainstorming, built a site about what I know and love to talk about. SBI hosts your site and domain name. I didn’t have to know any HTML, (OK, if you want to fancy up your page some with some color and some bold highlights or something then the very basics are good to know) and then just put my content into the block-by block builder. You can upload your own HTML pages; I was just not ready for this step yet.

When you feel that your page is complete, the SBI builder analyzes it to be sure that it is search engine optimized. You click on the “build it” button and it is automatically submitted to the search engines.

When it came to building my site, SBI had a lot to offer, but I still had to get it submitted to search engines in the beginning, and then to directories. Another way of getting good page rank was to exchange links with other quality sites.

Just the thought of this was enough to make me want to give up. It was going to take me hours and be a very tedious process. The good news is Site Build It has a Value Exchange Program that does all the tedious work for you; all you have to do is choose the sites that you would like to link with.

I was able to cancel my autoresponder because SBI offers one along with many other necessary tools. They just wanted me to focus on building high quality content for my website. And other than getting my site submitted into directories they pretty much did the rest!

No comments: